In the news this week:
- World’s Lightest eBike
- BULLS New Speed Pedelec eRoad Bike
- eBikes for Baby Boomers from Islabikes
- UK’s Evans Launches Budget Priced Hub Motor Model
- JackRabbit – the New Microbility Solution
- Evari eBike of the Future?
- New Tire Developments from Puncture Proof Specialists Gecko and Tannus
- Eurobike Goes Ahead
- Stella’s Impressive New Battery Factory
New eBikes & eBike Systems
It’s Official – This is the World’s Lightest eBike
The Freicycle from Germany has been confirmed as the world’s lightest e-bike. The one-off e-bike (no, unfortunately, you can’t buy this in the shops yet…) is based on a Merida Scultura Superlite LTD, and according to Freicycle’s website GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS has officially confirmed the record.
According to Guinness World Records ‘The lightest electric bicycle prototype weighs 6.872 kg (15 lb 2.40 oz) and was achieved by Dennis Freiburg (Germany) in Dortmund, Germany, on 3 December 2019. Dennis is a mechanical engineer and was, impressively, studying for his doctoral degree in Dortmund while undertaking this project. The construction of the bicycle started in October 2018, so taking just over a year to complete.’