This week brings some good news and some bad news for hopefuls that the U.S. government might sometime soon help pay for electric bike purchases; the E-BIKE tax credit advances amongst lawmakers, but at a slashed proposed rate.
There’s also some new versions of one of Electric Bike Report’s favorite mid-drive motors, fans of Yeti mountain bikes can now get an eMTB from the Colorado-based company, and Tern built a doghouse for your e-bike.
That and more in this week’s news:
- Proposed E-BIKE tax credit makes headway but gets slashed from 30% to 15%
- Fazua debuts trail and street versions of the Ride 50 drive system
- Yeti unveils first eMTB: It’s the signature blue, has a slick new linkage and is apparently ultra fast
- Lectric e-bikes hires long-time cycling executive as COO
- Tern special-built an accessory that helps you take your dog on an e-bike ride — It’s called the “Doghouse”