The US is the home of the electric fat bike, right? Well, maybe, but that doesn’t mean to say there aren’t plenty more options out there, often very contrasting ones, such as Gazelle’s newly reintroduced Arroyo range of step-thru city e-bikes.
Just as notable as the fact that the Arroyos are very nice looking and very practical city e-bikes is the fact that they were introduced to the US back in 2018 but then disappeared from dealers in subsequent years. The introduction of the updated Arroyo suggests perhaps that the US is finally taking to Dutch style practical city e-biking – or at least taking to it in big enough numbers to finally make the Arroyo a true success over here.
In this week’s e-bike news:
- Gazelle’s Arroyo city e-bike range heads back to the US
- Transition Repeater – the company’s first e-mtb is a premium e-bike
- Super 73 gets an even younger image with kids’ e-balance bike
- Eskute new budget models for the UK
- Gas price hikes – why isn’t the obvious solution of e-cargo bikes promoted more?
- SF’s JFK Promenade heading for permanent traffic-free status