Hollywood Racks SportRider Bike Rack Review 2022
The Hollywood Racks Sport Rider’s biggest recommendations are its abilities. It can carry an e-bike that weighs up to 80 lbs. and is up to 60 inches long. That captures the great majority of all e-bikes on the market. This rack is so capable that for anyone considering an e-bike that this e-bike hitch rack can’t handle would do well to ask themselves why they are considering that e-bike.
This is easily one of the more versatile bike racks that the team at EBR as reviewed. It’s is a straightforward, no-nonsense bike hauler that has all the essential features you’d hope for, while also being more affordable than most bike racks on the market right now.
- Can carry e-bikes weighing up to 80 lbs. each, making it one of the highest weight-rated racks on the market
- Max bike wheelbase length of 60 in. accommodates most cargo bikes
- 10-in. space between bikes minimizes interference between handlebars and saddles, making mounting easier
- Accommodates tires as large as 29 x 5 in. without needing an extra adapter
- Includes lock for hitch pin, 8-ft. locking cable and locking frame hooks that use one key
- Requires an adapter for most step-thru frames
- We wish that a loading ramp was an option considering its excellent weight rating
The Sport Rider’s excellent features don’t end with its weight and length abilities. This rack can also handle e-bikes with tires as large as 29 x 5 in., which is about as large as anything commercially available for e-bikes. It also includes locks for the hitch pin and frame hooks as well as an 8-ft.-long security cable to keep the bikes and rack securely attached to the vehicle. When not in use, the rack folds flat against the car.
As if those reasons weren’t enough to recommend this e-bike hitch rack, the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider lists for a very reasonable price. Given its many features it is competitive against hitch racks that cost hundreds more.
Shoppers should be aware that despite the fact that this rack can carry an 80 lb. e-bike, it does not offer a ramp to be able to roll the e-bike into position; this is the only feature we missed, but recognize that the design does not lend itself to a rack.
Overall, it’s a dynamite hitch rack for a terrific cost.
Leave a Reply