The other day I got an email from Hung Ly, who owns Trinity Environ in Naples, Florida. He has been inspired by helping others enjoy riding a bike or a trike again. I liked his email and I want to share it with you.
His email is in response to one of my emails that I send people when they join the Electric Bike Report community. The title of my e-mail is “Why do I run Electric Bike Report?”. Hung took my title and reworded it for his email back to me. So without further ado, here is Hung’s email:
Subject: Why do I build electric bikes and trikes?
I believe in taking control of your life. With electric bikes and trikes we can save a huge amount of money & time. My oldest client is 95 and he gets out almost every day. Just getting outside is doing wonders for him.I have clients that are going through cancer treatments; the motor allows her to get out even when she is having a bad day. I thought I had a God complex when I built my first wheel. That is nothing compared the great feeling to see the pride back in ones eyes when they ride my bikes and trikes.
This is the kind of stuff that gets me excited about electric bikes. E-bikes/trikes are great vehicles for so many people. They work well for:
- The person who wants to commute to work in normal clothes and not sweat too much,
- The person who wants to carry a significant amount of cargo with their bicycle (cargo bike, trailer, etc.),
- The person who has not ridden a bicycle for a while and they are concerned with the hills and headwinds,
- The person who just wants to kick back and enjoy a cruise along the boardwalk with their friends
- Someone who wants to keep up with their spouse who may be an avid cyclist.
- Someone who has physical challenges that have kept them from riding a traditional bicycle.
- A business making local deliveries
I’m glad that Hung Ly shared this with me, because it’s these kinds of stories that keep me motivated to keep spreading the word about electric bikes. I hope that you will join me and tell your friends and family about electric bikes and all the great ways we can use them.
We, the Electric Bike Report community, would like to hear from you! What kind of inspirational stories do you have about electric bikes?
Please leave your comments below.
P.S. Don’t forget to join the Electric Bike Report community for updates from the electric bike world, plus ebike riding and maintenance tips!